May 8, 2018

RELEASE DAY REVIEW: Passion Rising (Original Sin #4)


Passion Rising (Original Sin #4), by J.A. Huss and Johnathan McClain
Publish Date:
May 8, 2018
Publisher: self-published
Format: e-ARC, provided by the authors
Genre: adult contemporary romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 4 STARS


(Synopsis) Old demons are back.


Maddie’s dealing with the fallout of her choices. Safety and happiness are relative, elusive things she’s desperate to have. But they will forever remain out of reach until the demons of her past are laid to rest.


Tyler’s mistakes resurface to haunt him and he’s just beginning to understand that money can’t fix a broken relationship. He must open his heart and search for answers he’d rather not find.


She wants peace in a world made of chaos.


He wants to rid himself of a lifetime of guilt.


They’re soul mates, but that’s no guarantee.


They’ll need to rely on each other to find their happily ever after.


Because the fight never ends—it just gets easier with someone at your side.

Passion Rising punctuated the fact that, as a whole, the Original Sin series is really more of an experience than just a series of books for you to read. These four books are not just a story of a boy getting a second chance with a girl and, after some drama and some bad stuff happening, living happily ever after. It's not nearly as cut-and-dry and "tropey" as all that.

Once again, I have to be super cagey, because so much of what happens in Passion Rising is a culmination of things that have been happening and building throughout the first three books in this series. I CAN say that this final book is about self-reflection on both Tyler and Maddie's parts. After everything that has happened to them, they are both left saying, "Okay, so now what?" Them being a couple isn't in question - of COURSE they are a couple. But, the health of their coupledom depends largely on how they now see themselves.

If you'll recall, in my review for Sin With Me (Original Sin #1), I said, "Truthfully, these two are some of the saddest and most despondent people I've ever read about." And it was true. The circumstances of Maddie's and Tyler's lives up to this point had lead them to their own versions of hell on earth. They were treading water with no forward movement and no hope.

You would think that with all the crazy stuff that happened to them over the three books prior to Passion Rising, that we would now see a woman and a man broken beyond repair. But, instead, we see the opposite. The events leading up to book 4 forced them to work together, to wade through their past hurts, to face their current fears and to lean on each other.

I love the way these two love each other. They would give their lives for each other and are looking forward to what comes next in their lives. Their banter is adorable, their sex is hot and their love is lasting. It's everything you could want in a romance book. Plus, you get angels, devils (figurative, not literal), action, closure and a really good death scene.

I think JA Huss considers her first collaborative writing effort a success. I know I do. And I'm already looking ahead to what's next from my new favorite writing duo.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Passion rising is the emotional conclusion to Julie A Huss and Johnathan McClain’s humorous, sexy, action-packed series, Original Sin. Where these lovable characters end up is anyone’s guess, but know that where one goes, the other will follow.

Zia
You won't believe this San Antonio Property Damage Attorneys

Chary Wayne said...

Hello world,
So I'm grateful to the great doctor Ehi for helping me with a very powerful spell to get the lottery winning numbers. I won the lottery of SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND US DOLLARS ($610,000.44) a week ago in a jackpot from 4 lottery play. The first thing I bought was a brand new car with all the features I never dreamed I'd have. From there, I manifested my perfect dream home and I am living the best life you ever imagine. I really don't know how to express myself right now for I am overwhelmed with joy. I want to appreciate doctor Ehi for his loyalty and magical works. It exists only in the right hands and with it everything is possible... He is good with love, healing, pregnancy and other spells. If you need any of the spells you can write to him. Google Mail: ehitemple@gmail.com, whatsapp messenger number: +19723839289 may God bless you all.

Chary Wayne said...

I want to appreciate Dr. Ebore for his loving kindness over my life and my family. Two weeks ago, I won the lottery of one million Euro from 2 lottery plays. After so many years of playing the lottery and losing, I was referred to Dr. Ebore by a colleague whom the prophet helped with a very powerful lottery spell. He gave me the correct lottery winning numbers which I played and won. Right now, I have started a business of my own and also bought myself a house with all the features I love. Thank you Dr. Ebore for your honesty and magical works. If you are interested in any type of spell E.g. Money spell, protection, love bond, success, weight loss, healing, fertility, promotion, etc. please contact ehitemple@gmail.com, text/call: +19723839289.
Best Regards,
Blessings.

Unknown said...

Are you struggling to get your lover back? Do you want your lover back in your life? Win your ex-boyfriend, ex-girl friend, ex-husband, ex-wife back and keep them permanently. ” Dr.unity is a true and real Psychics He brought back my ex husband.
My husband left me for another woman, This was just 2 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr unity, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 11 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr unity . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity for help now..Here his contact, WhatsApp him: +2348055361568 {or} Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,his website:https://unityspells.blogspot.com .

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

SIMON PATCHIN said...

How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can communicate with LORD ZAKUZA through the below informations.

Website via: lordzakuzaspells.com
WhatsApp/call/text: +1 740 573 9483
Email: Lordzakuza7 @gmail. com