March 19, 2018

RELEASE WEEK REVIEW: The Prophecy (Titans #4)


The Prophecy (Titans #4), by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publish Date:
March 20, 2018
Publisher: self-published
Format: e-ARC, provided by the author
Genre: new adult paranormal romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 5 STARS


(Synopsis) History is on repeat…


Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.


A price must be paid…


Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.


For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled….

The end of this series - and these characters - has been a long time coming. Nearly seven years ago, Jennifer Armentrout introduced us all to The Covenant world, which is full of the best heroes, the worst villains, and the most shocking events. And now, nine full-length books and a hand full of novellas later, we have to say goodbye. But, Jen Armentrout has given us the perfect send-off to these beloved characters in The Prophecy. 

I can't tell you a lot about what happens in The Prophecy without giving away major spoilers from the first three books in The Titans series. I can tell you that revelations at the end of the third book have definitely changed Josie's frame of mind. She's a different person in The Prophecy - more confident, more determined and definitely more careful and calculating. She still wants to help save the world, but she isn't going to be going in guns blazing anymore. 

"I could never give up on you. Not just because I love you, but because you're worth fighting for, Seth. You're worth loving, and if it takes a hundred years to prove that to you, I will."

Seth, too, is different, although not in the same way. He's still headstrong and foul-tempered most of the time. But, he's also now looking ahead to the future, and learning that his actions have consequences. He's trying to protect the woman he loves and save the world alongside her, without too many irreparable repercussions. That shows a ton of maturity in this character that has never been known for being a grown-up. 

Truth was, I still wasn't worthy of her, but I was working on it.

If you like a lot of emotion in your books, then this one is definitely going to rank high on your list. I expected some feels - it IS the end of a series, after all. The heroes need to work and suffer a bit for their HEA. But, peoples... I needed SEVEN TISSUES to get me through the end of this five-star book. There's a lot of angst leading up to the events at the end of the book, and most of it centers around Josie's intense need for her dad. Things look so hopeless for her future, that, at one point, she cries out desperately for her father to come to her and help her. Or maybe just talk to her and give her his shoulder to cry on. She needs a father figure so badly, and yet, he continues to hide himself from her. My heart broke over and over for Josie in that regard. 

Since this is the end of the series, we see all of our favorite characters from the original Covenant series, as well as our new favorites from The Titans. Alex, Aiden, Luke, Deacon, Alexander, Laadan, Marcus, Erin and Colin all make appearances. I am amazed at Jen Armentrout's ability to bring things full circle. Events from The Covenant series came into play in remarkable ways in The Prophecy, and the result was a perfect feeling of satisfaction and closure at the end. 

"What I feel for you increases every waking moment and sometimes that scares the hell out of me, but I love you. Yesterday. Today. A thousand tomorrows from now, I will be in love with you."

Over the years, I've read about so many epic romances, but none equal the two from this world. First Jen gave us Aiden and Alex and then she gave us Seth and Josie. She created flawed, but brave men of integrity and passion. She wrote about badass women who love fiercely, fight courageously and screw up... well, quite a bit, actually. They might be fictional characters with crazy powers that can't possibly exist in our world, but they have never seemed more real. I appreciate that so much. I'll miss this amazing world, but The Prophecy has ensured that I will most definitely remember it fondly. 

1 comment:

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542