June 1, 2017

RELEASE DAY REVIEW: Love in Transit


Love in Transit, by Jana Aston, Ainsley Booth, Kitty French, B..J. Harvey, Raine Miller and Liv Morris
Publish Date:
June 1, 2017
Publisher: self-published
Format: e-ARC, provided by the author
Genre: adult contemporary romance anthology
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 5 STARS


(Synopsis) You know those people that have a house full of motivational slogans? Embrace Every Moment, stamped on their coffee mugs. Always Kiss Me Goodnight painted above their perfectly made beds.


I’m not one of those people.


This morning I overslept, then slipped on a stray sock and banged my toe into the nightstand. The elevator in my building broke and I had to run down six flights of stairs. And then my local coffee shop was closed. For health code violations.


What’s that? Not the end of the world? You want me to suck it up?


Did I mention I’m wearing a wedding dress… on the subway?


It’s a Good Day for a Hot Mess.

Someone embroider that on a pillow.

Best. Anthology. EVER.

I'm serious. I read all six of the stories contained in Love In Transit and I loved every single one of them. But, that's not even the best part. 

See, this anthology is different. Rom Com Queen Jana Aston wrote the blurb you see above, and then sent it to five of her besties and asked them to write a story to fit the blurb. I know - that's doing things ass backwards. But, it's also completely brilliant and totally entertaining. 

I LOVED how different all these stories were. All these authors have different styles and different ideas, so they all put their unique spin on the same blurb. So, while there were a few things in each story that were the same, everything else about them was completely different. 

The part I was always excited to get to was why each girl in the stories found themselves on the subway in a wedding dress. In every case, the reason was different. Heck - in almost every case, even the subway was different. I was delighted to see that only two of the six stories took place in New York. The other four were in London, Chicago, Washington DC and Toronto. 

All six stories were romances, of course, but there were a few second chance love stories, a few friends to lovers, a meet cute and even a crazy reality show love connection. Most of the stories were funny, but the last one by Liv Morris was much more serious in nature. My two favorites were The Loop, which is written by BJ Harvey and Times Square written by Jana Aston. The Loop is a really good second chance story that made me hungry for so much more from Cam and Sarah, the couple featured in it. And Times Square was a fun and sexy story that I totally expected from Jana Aston. 

Love in Transit was a wonderfully unique concept with stories from some wildly talented romance authors. I'd love to see this again and again. 

No comments: