January 30, 2017

REVIEW: Shameless (Playboys in Love #1)



Shameless (Playboys in Love #1), by Gina Maxwell
Publish Date:
May 30, 2016
Publisher: Entangled Scorched
Format: digital copy, provided by the publisher
Genre: adult erotic romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 4.5 STARS


(Synopsis) People say I'm shameless. They're right.


I like my sex dirty. It takes a hell of a lot to tilt my moral compass, and I always follow when it's pointing at something I want. That goes double when it points straight at the one girl in all of Chicago who's not dying for a piece of me.


She's all I can think about, and that's a problem, because she wants nothing to do with me. But I've seen her deepest secrets, her darkest fantasies, and they match mine to a fucking T.


I want her. Bad.


Now I need to show her how good it can feel...to be shameless.

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes because it takes typical fantasies that most girls have and forms a (hopefully) realistic story around them. It enables readers to put themselves in place of the heroine (or hero) and relive these fantasies in their mind every time they open the book. Fantasies like the prince falling in love with the common girl, the billionaire falling in love with the pauper and... the hot stripper falling in love with his client - they're all ones we've had from time to time, and Gina Maxwell brings the last one to life in amazing ways.

Shameless tripped every one of my triggers. It had a quirky heroine in Jane. Even her name is different. Jane is smart, self-reliant, a workaholic and a closet sexual deviant. A private stripper show from Chance, a.k.a. "Romeo", allows Jane to explore her freaky side and feel okay about it. Even though he's a stranger, she finds safety in his presence, and that release starts to affect all other areas of her life. 

Shameless... What would it be like to let go like that? To not worry about what others might thing and just... be. 

Jane was the perfect blend of dorky, sexy, sassy and sweet. I loved how she was so silly at times, and the banter she enjoyed with Chance and with her BFF Addison made me laugh a lot. But, when Chance flipped his sexy switch, she changed. Her worries about her masters thesis, about her five extra pounds, about her sexual dry spell all fall away. He also switched from the romantic, sweet Romeo to alpha dominant Chance, and he was thrilled to finally meet a woman who matched him in every way that counted. 

This was my first Gina Maxwell experience, and what an incredible experience it was. I love her writing so much! Not only does she tell a really good story, but she does it with flair. I finished Shameless in one day. It was something I just couldn't put down until I reached the end of their story. 

Thankfully, there's a lot of hottie strippers at Playboys 4 Hire, which hopefully means a lot more fantasies to be fulfilled the only way Gina Maxwell knows how. 

No comments: