December 31, 2012

My Year in Books

It's late on December 31, and I just finished my last book for the year (The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter). I'm happy to report that I exceeded my goal of 150 books this year. My numbers here on the blog don't match those on Goodreads exactly for two reasons. First, Goodreads counts novellas in my total. I didn't here. Second, I actually read eight books TWICE this year. Since I believe I read eight novellas, the Goodreads total is correct. I read 154 books in 2012! Let's take a look at how my reviews matched up.


As you can see, I try to be very judicious with my five-star ratings. I don't believe in giving the highest rating to a particular author, despite how much I love his or her work. And, I don't give the highest rating to a book unless I just can't stop thinking about it long after it's over. Those books truly are the best of the best that I read this year.

In 2012, I met a fantastic group of girls on Goodreads through our shared interest in paranormal romance and urban fantasy books. We've grown as close as I think you can get when all your contact is done virtually.

Also in 2012, I've been introduced to a wonderful blogging community. I look forward to continued interactions and meet-ups in 2013.

And, so with only a few hours left in 2012, I bid you all a happy new year. See you in 2013!