November 27, 2012

Book #128 - Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3)


Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3), Chloe Neill
urban fantasy
355 pages
Started 11/18/12
Finished 11/20/12
5 STARS

Gosh darn it, but these Chicagoland Vampires books are so much FUN!

The shifters are in town and Merit and Ethan are offered up as personal bodyguards for the head shifter himself, Gabriel Keene. Unfortunately, since someone is trying to kill Gabriel, that means that our favorite Cadogan vampires' lives are in danger as well. Luckily, they have each other as back-up.

Twice Bitten was AWESOME! My only gripe about the second Chicagoland Vampire book was the distinct lack of kissing between Merit and Ethan. The sexual tension between those two was killing me. K-I-L-L-I-N-G me. So, in Twice Bitten, things get better. And then things get really better. And then things suck again. And then things get better. It was so good!

What other book has reduced me to such a blathering idiot? There's not much more I can say that I haven't said already. Neill's wit and charm is present on every page. Twice Bitten was different in that it was also very emotionally charged. Merit was happy and sad and pissed and so was I. Ethan was broody and snarky and chivalrous, and it made me love him even more than I already did.

You know, there's nothing intellectual about this series. It's not necessarily thought provoking or life changing. But, my goodness, is it enjoyable. I find myself getting so lost in these books. I have such a good time reading them and getting involved in the characters' lives. Neill has created a wonderful world here with fantastic supernatural characters. It's a rare thing that I have so much fun reading as I did with Twice Bitten. 

1 comment:

DeeDee Griffin said...

Thanks for the review! I've heard so much about this series but haven't read any of them yet. I did buy the audiobook of Twice Bitten and am going to start it soon without having read the first two. Hopefully I won't be too lost!