June 18, 2012

Book #65 - Stargazer (Evernight #2)


Stargazer (Evernight #2), Claudia Gray
329 pages
paranormal romance, urban fantasy
Started 6/5/12
Finished 6/7/12
4 STARS

You know what happened to the curious cat? Well, curiosity also killed this bibliophile's desire to finish this series. Let me back up a minute.

I was only halfway happy with Evernight. There were a lot of things about it that bothered me. But, I have this sickness. It's called I-Must-Finish-All-Books-In-A-Series-itis. It's a really annoying affliction. Especially when the first book in the series isn't all that great. It was because of my disease that I picked up Stargazer from the library. And, surprise, surprise - I liked this one a lot more.

Bianca is back for her second year at school, sans her secret vampire hunter boyfriend Logan. She quickly starts setting up secret trysts with him, but the stress of all the secrecy starts to take its toll on her. In addition, ghosts - wraiths - appear to be tormenting Bianca, but she doesn't know why. When she finds out why, everything changes, and the end is surprising and explosive.

There was so much more drama, romance and action. Stargazer was everything that Evernight should have been, but wasn't. And, I was excited to learn that there were two additional books in the series. Back to my cat analogy.

I was bad. I read some spoilers on Goodreads. I know, I know - I shouldn't complain about something that I made a choice about. But, I read some stuff about the next two books that really, really makes me mad. Really disappoints me. So, I'm fighting my urge and abandoning the Evernight series for good. I'd rather go out on a high note. And, Stagazer was it.  


No comments: