April 2, 2012

Book #39 - Crescendo (Hush Hush #2)


Crescendo (Hush Hush #2), Becca Fitzpatrick
378 pages
paranormal romance, urban fantasy
Started 3/30/12
Finished 3/31/12
4.5 STARS

Loved it. Love, love, love. I want a Patch.

In the second installment of the Hush Hush series, Patch and Nora hit a rough spot in their relationship. Someone works very hard at breaking them up, and it actually works for awhile. To make matters worse, Nora is convinced that Patch is on the rebound with her arch nemesis, Marcie Millar. It absolutely kills Nora to not be with him - seeing him with Marcie was just salt in the wound.

Argh - this is one of those books that frustrates the hell out of you. I found myself wanting to throttle Nora more times than I could count. I talked to the pages of my book. My conversations went something like, "No! Don't do that, you stupid... Shut up! Stop talking! Aw, Patch. You poor thing. Nora, shut up, dammit!" Yeah - something like that.

I take my slightly crazy ramblings as a sign of a really good book. Any book that sucks me in so much that I start talking to an inanimate object is accomplishing a very important goal. Any plot holes or editing mistakes were completely overlooked because I was so invested in the story and in the characters that I didn't even care about the other stuff (not that there was a lot of other stuff).

I'll say it again. I want a Patch. 

No comments: