February 24, 2012

Book #19 - Blue Moon (The Immortals #2)




Blue Moon (The Immortals #2), Alyson Noel
289 pages
Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Started 2/19/12
Finished 2/20/12
2.5 STARS

Ugggghhhhhhhhh... That pretty much sums it up. Although I did finish Blue Moon, I felt totally unsatisfied, unfulfilled, and more than a little pissed off. Why did I torture myself like that? I suppose it was because I held out the hope that it would all turn around in the end. That even though the main chick was a complete and utter moron throughout the entire book, she could screw her head on straight, make some good choices and inspire some admiration and respect by the end. Right? RIGHT?

Um, no.

So, Ever and Damen are together and have no obstacles. She's free to be happy with him for the first time in hundreds of years. But, she just. Can't. Oh, I just want to smack her. And, then this new guy comes onto the scene, and Ever knows right away that there's something not right about him. Does she say or do anything about it? Nooooooo. She lets him swoop in and nearly completely destroy her life. Finally, she pulls herself enough to formulate a plan to save her love from the big bad guy. And, while she's decided to save Damen, at the same time, she also decides she'd rather not be with him after all. She'd rather try to go back to her old life when the opportunity presents itself. ARGH. This guy has done everything - EVERYTHING - for her. And, she's ready, willing and able to throw it away on a whim.

At the last minute, she sees the error of her ways - sort of. And, at a critical moment, she decides to listen to the big bad guy instead of the person trying to help her. And she totally screws herself and Damen forever. What. An. IDIOT.

You know, I had book #3 in this series already on deck. But, I returned it to the library today without opening it. If I wanted to read about overly emotional, wishy-washy, weak-minded, annoying chicks, I'd write an autobiography. I want the books that I read to inspire me to be better than I am. I want to be touched by a great love. I'd rather laugh and cry than swear and roll my eyes excessively. At the end of this book, I was so irritated that I found myself not caring about whether Damen and Ever make it. And, that is my signal to abandon ship. 

No comments: